Wednesday, September 29, 2021
280g arborio rice
20 pcs mussels, 12 scallops, 16 shrimp
1 litre of fish broth
500 ml tomato sauce
200 ml white wine
40 ml olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
0.5 tablespoon of salt
Pepper to taste
Fresh parsley to taste
- Add fish broth to a pot and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep warm. You will be adding the hot broth to your rice. Do not bring to a boil.
- In a deep frying pan, add garlic cloves and olive oil and fry on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the arborio rice to the pan.
- Fry the rice for 3 minutes on low and stir very frequently to ensure the rice does not burn.
- Add white wine to the pan and stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add 2 ladles of hot fish broth to the rice pan. Stir until combined well.
- Add seafood and tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley.
- Continue cooking for 30 minutes. Stir very often. Each time your liquid content is reduced so that the rice is no longer completely covered by liquid, add more hot fish broth.
- The risotto should become creamy. When it is ready, add butter and mix well. Remove from heat and serve.
A 35-minute cook time will yield a more ‘al-dente’ risotto. For a softer risotto, increase cooking time, so long as you have fish broth to continue cooking.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days at 2-7°C.
Serving size: 1
Sign up to get the latest news, events and promotions!