Pizza Margherita Neapolitan Style
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
4 pizza dough balls
200g polpa di pomodoro
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
50g flour and semolina mix
Olive oil for greasing the pan
200g fior di latte
Olive oil drizzle, to finish
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix polpa di pomodoro with olive oil, as well as salt and pepper to taste. Set mixture aside.
- Sprinkle flour onto the countertop. This ensures your dough will not stick when stretching/rolling it out. Gently stretch the dough by hand or with a rolling pin until the dough forms a circle approximately 12 inches in size.
- Using your hands or a cooking brush, coat a very thin layer of olive oil on the bottom of the baking sheet.
- Place the pizza dough on the baking sheet and spread 50g of polpa di pomodoro mixture onto the dough.
- Add 50g of fior di latte, a generous sprinkle of parmigiano, and fresh basil.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each pizza.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil over pizza, before serving.
Notes: For a crispier pizza, cook for additional time. Keep an eye on it as the pizza will burn quickly.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days at 2-7°C.
Sign up to get the latest news, events and promotions!