Thursday, July 29, 2021
1 tablespoon salt
100g pecorino cheese
20g ground pepper
- Add water to a saucepan and bring to a boil on high heat. Once water begins to boil, add salt and spaghetti. Boil spaghetti on high for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, add 3 egg yolks and 1 full egg.
- Add 75g of pecorino cheese to the bowl.
- Add 15g of pepper to the bowl
- Using a whisk, mix ingredients until very well combined. Set aside.
- Dice guanciale into small pieces.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, sauté guanciale for 2-3 minutes, until it becomes slightly crispy. Remove guanciale from heat.
- To the egg and cheese mixture, add guanciale and half a cup of boiling pasta water. Set the bowl aside.
- Once the spaghetti has been cooking for 10 minutes, strain the pasta using a colander.
- Add the spaghetti to the sauce bowl and mix gently.
- When serving, add pecorino cheese and a sprinkle of pepper on top.
For an al-dente pasta, boil spaghetti for 10 minutes. For a soft pasta, boil for 13-14 minutes.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days at 2-7°C.
Sign up to get the latest news, events and promotions!